Practitioner Training Course
Evacuation Chair Training (Generic)
(Practice Based – Focused On Equipment Practical Use)
Duration: Half Day (½) (Tailorable)
Course Renewal Compliancy (Annually)
Group (Minimum Numbers 2 – Up to 6)
Ring for Additional Attendees Price (Individual)
Evac Chair Training Course Information
Conducted in accordance with the requirements as set out by the Fire Regulatory Reform Order 2005 Gravelles Provides a range of services, designed to give your organisation, staff and customers piece of mind and confidence in the use of your available Evacuation and Manual handling Equipment and processes.
We recognise that some Organisations may have a range of differing Equipment from Different manufacturers. Our Tailored training is suitable to covering a range of products from the Main International Manufacturers whose product use differing mechanisms including Generic Skid / Belt based evacuation chairs to Skids and slides. These include :- Generic Evacuation Chairs (All Colours), Sleds, AlbacMat, Ski Pad, ResQmat, ResQme, Sheets, Slings and Baskets.
Evacuation Chair Training Course Objectives & Learning Outcomes
Our training is designed to assist the responsible person(s) or dedicated teams learning experience. Assisting them every step of the way through learning and understanding the evacuation process, including product deployment, product requirements and specifications and basic awareness of the legislative requirements around the evacuation of the individual.
Training ensures that operators are safe, fully conversant and confident in not only their ability but that of the product within the process of evacuating an individual to safety with an Evacuation Chair or similar product.
Evac Chair Training Course Outline
Gravelles Ltd Practitioner Evacuation Chair Training Course is a comprehensive course focusing on practical product demonstration and staff practice / experience in using the evacuation product in a real life scenario.
Practical Product Practice and Product Awareness includes:-
- Practical Demonstration by experienced professional.
- Practical Demonstration providing a background to the product and process.
Team / Staff Practice / Practical Use
- Supported practical training – in the use of your equipment in your property / facility.
- Ensuring staff are familiar and confident with your equipment.
- Each practitioner will participate as a passenger and operator in a simulated evacuation.
- Sessions duration approx. 2 to 2 ½ hours.
- Staff Assessment (staff are assessed for ability to preform function safely and confidently without harm to themselves or those requiring evacuation (we may advise that some staff assist and are not trained in evacuation product use due to previous injury / health conditions or confidence)
Course Documentation Provided
- Practitioners receive a certificate proving that they have completed the ‘Practical Product Practice and Product Awareness’ course (upon satisfactory Pass).
- Training Guide Handouts provided during the session.
- Safety File information provided inc. Attendance list, practitioner handouts, product specification.
- Training Conducted at your facility using your equipment.
- Only fully insured and experienced Gravelles Ltd certified trainers conduct training.
- Gravelles Ltd are covered by industry standard 5 Million legal indemnity Cover.
- All trainers Receive extensive ongoing manual handling, legislative and equipment specific training.
- Training is only valid for equipment practised / experienced on the training day as specified.
- All Staff are tailored training programme available to meet your individual / organisational / facilities requirements.
- All Training is delivered at your facility / organisation to ensure staff availability and a tailored approach.
- One location to be trained at (tailored package can be created)
- Practitioners must attend and participate in the whole course in order to receive completion certificates.
- Gravelles Ltd Staff reserve the right to ‘Pass’ or ‘Fail’ any taught individuals based on satisfactory performance and competency illustrated during the course. Gravelles Staff decisions are final.
- Evacuation Chairs – All major manufacturers covered (Make, Model and Specification).
- Matts and Skids – All major manufacturers covered (Make, Model and Specification).
- One product will be trained on at any one session (tailored package can be created)
- Coverage All UK Offshore / Ireland and France (please call for a quote).
Related Training / Briefings
Please enquire about manual handling, PEEPS, SEPS and Risk Assessments, Access / Evacuation Reviews, Fire marshal, Fire Extinguisher training.
Related Products / Maintenance Services
Please note that Gravelles Ltd supply and install an extensive range of related services, products and accessories inc. Transfer Boards, Batteries, Control modules, Harnesses, Ramps, Product Maintenance and Servicing, spare parts etc.
If you have any questions, please Contact Us.