Manual Handling Course (Inanimate Loads)
Duration: 1 Day (Tailorable)
Course Renewal Compliancy (Annually)
Group (Minimum Numbers 4 – Up to 10)
Contact us for Additional Attendees Price (Individual)
Manual Handling Course Information
By the end of the course delegates will have a clear understanding of Manual Handling that ensures best practice in accordance with the All Wales Local Government Manual Handling Training Passport & Information Scheme & UK National Guidelines as supported by the NHS.
Course Objectives & Learning Outcomes
- Describe the function of the spine
- Examine & Discuss Manual Handling Legislation
- Discuss Company Manual Handling policies (if any)
- Describe Ergonomics
- Examine and Discuss Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Discuss safe handling procedures
- Explain the need for effective teamwork & communication
- Demonstrate safe inanimate load handling
This course will be delivered in a classroom environment via power point presentations, discussions, practical demonstrations and lectures. There are two modules to this course which are outlined below:
Module A – Spinal Awareness, legislation, your authority or company policies, ergonomics, risk assessment, safe handling principles, team handling and communication.
Module B – Inanimate load handling, practical ergonomics.
- Assessment Method: Multiple Choice Exam & Practical Assessment
- Candidates will also receive a Manual Handling Training Manual which they can take them.
- The Certificate will last for 3 years.
Related Training / Briefings
Please enquire about manual handling, PEEPS, SEPS and Risk Assessments, Access / Evacuation Reviews, Fire marshal, Fire Extinguisher training.
Related Products / Maintenance Services
Please note that Gravelles Ltd supply and install an extensive range of related services, products and accessories inc. Transfer Boards, Batteries, Control modules, Harnesses, Ramps, Product Maintenance and Servicing, spare parts etc.
If you have any questions, please Contact Us.