Manual Handling (People Handling)
Duration: 1 Day (Tailorable)
Course Renewal Compliancy (Annually)
Group (Minimum Numbers 4 – Up to 10)
Ring for Additional Attendees Price (Individual)
Manual Handling Training Course Information
Manual Handling injuries account to 36% of all reported workplace accidents. The Health & Social Care sector accounts for 54% of all reported manual handling accidents. This course will provide a consistent approach to Manual Handling that ensures best practice in accordance with the All Wales Local Government Manual Handling Training Passport & Information Scheme.
Course Objectives & Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course delegates will have a clear understanding of Manual Handling that ensures best practice in accordance with the All Wales Local Government Manual Handling Training Passport & Information Scheme, modules A-F.
At the end of the course students will be able to:
- Describe the function of the spine
- Examine & Discuss Manual Handling Legislation
- Discuss Company Manual Handling policy’s
- Describe Ergonomics
- Examine and Discuss Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Discuss safe handling procedures
- Explain the need for effective teamwork & communication
- Demonstrate safe inanimate load handling
- To provide a consistent approach to Manual Handling that ensures best practice in accordance with the All Wales Local Government Manual Handling Training Passport & Information Scheme.
- This course will be delivered in a classroom environment via power point presentations, discussions, practical demonstrations and lectures. There are two modules to this course which are outlined below:
- Module A – Spinal Awareness, legislation, your authority or company policies
- Ergonomics, risk assessment, safe handling principles, team handling and communication.
- Module B – Inanimate load handling, practical ergonomics
- Module C – Sitting, Standing & Walking
- Module D – Bed Mobility
- Module E – Lateral Transfers
- Module F – Hoisting
Related Training / Briefings
Please enquire about manual handling, PEEPS, SEPS and Risk Assessments, Access/ Evacuation Reviews, Fire marshal, Fire Extinguisher training.
Related Products / Maintenance Services
Please note that Gravelles Ltd supply and install an extensive range of related services, products and accessories inc. Transfer Boards, Batteries, Control modules, Harnesses, Ramps, Product Maintenance and Servicing, spare parts etc.
If you have any questions, please Contact Us.